Welcome to the TLC Careers page! Find current job opportunities with our dynamic company.
Telecom Technician - Longview
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
Location: Longview, TX, United States
PBX installers are a type of telecoms equipment installers who are tasked with installing private branch exchange switchboards that relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice telephone calls in a single location or group.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Install switches and switchboards as well as the required frame supports, connecting the equipment to power lines and communications cables and install
· Test the connections to ensure that adequate power is available and that the communication links work properly
· Install equipment such as power systems, alarms, and telephone sets
· Install software to program the equipment to provide specific contracted features.
· Perform tests to verify that the newly installed equipment functions as expected.
· In case of problematic operation, determine whether it is located within the PBX system or whether it stems from the telephone lines maintained by the local telephone organization.
· Install voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP) systems if the PBX is equipped for internet using the company’s computer wiring to run Internet access, network applications, and telephone communications.
Skills and Specifications:
· Familiarity or exposure with the specific telecoms equipment being marketed
· Excellent management and organizing skills
· Ability to perform initial diagnosis and troubleshooting in the installation process if there are problems encountered in the test.
· Thorough knowledge regarding the more common telecommunications systems, protocols and equipment used.
Education and Qualifications
· 2-4 year post-secondary vocational education in electronics or computer technology is essential
· A BS degree in Computer Engineering, or related engineering courses
· 1-2 years experience in the operation of telephone equipment